2. JOHN M.2 ADKINS (Amos1 Atkins) was born circa 1776; Born possibly in the Virginia Colony at Jamestown or Halifax County, Virginia. He married Patsy/Ginsey Lumkin, daughter of William Lumkin and Ann Courtney, on 1/23/1796 in Halifax, Virginia; This marriage record gave the Bride's name as Ginsey. Because of the record of a daughter Patsy who was married as "Jane", I believe that Patsy's middle name was Jane and thus the nickname "Ginsey". He died in Hales Ford, Franklin county, Virginia; Died at the age of 85 and buried in Franklin Co., VA. This information came from the Bible Records.
PATSY/GINSEY LUMKIN was born in Virginia. She died in Franklin county, Virginia; Died at the age of 75 years.
Known children of John M.2 Adkins and Patsy/Ginsey Lumkin were as follows:
3. i. Nancy3 ADKINS was born in Virginia? She married Joe Annett; This marriage was found in the Bible Records but I have no documentation for this marriage.
4. ii. William ADKINS was born in Virginia?
5. iii. Dicey ADKINS was born in Virginia? She married Evan, Jr Galaspie (Gillispie) on 11/3/1834 in Franklin, Virginia; Documented from "Franklin County, Virginia Marriage Bonds, 1786-1858": Gillispie, Evan Jr. and Dicey Atkins, dau. John, Nov. 3, 1834. Sur. Joseph Adkins. The Bible records say that Dicy married an Underwood but I can find no record of such a marriage so I believe that was an error on the part of the writer of the Bible record.
Later information: Dicy's sister, Jane's second marriage was to and Underwood so that may explain the error in the record for Dicy.
+ 6. iv. Henry ADKINS, born after / /1796 in Halifax, Virginia; married Elizabeth "Betsy" Overfelt.
+ 7. v. Pleasant ADKINS, born circa / /1800 in Virginia; married Mary "Polly" Freeman.
+ 8. vi. James ADKINS, born / /1800 in Charlotte,, Virginia; married Polly Kinnett.
+ 9. vii. John A. ADKINS, born 5/8/1804 in Halifax county, Virginia; married Susan Meador.
+ 10. viii. Patsy Jane ADKINS, born circa / /1808 in Franklin Co., Virginia; married Jourdan Praytor; married John Henry Underwood.
11. ix. Joseph/Joe ADKINS was born in 1812 in Virginia. He married Elizabeth Galaspie on 11/25/1833 in Franklin, Virginia; Documented from "Marriage Bonds of Franklin Co., VA 1786-1858: Adkins, Joseph and Elizabeth Galaspie, dau. Evan, Nov. 25, 1833. Sur. Evan Galaspie.
Return to Table of Contents
Please send e-mail to: Deloris@slsoft.com
Created with The Master Genealogist for Windows on 10/8/2009 at 03:39 pm.